Find out more about Le Moyne’s freshman service learning experience.
Forms and ResourcesThrough scholarship, teaching and service, the department of education at Le Moyne College is a learning community in the Jesuit tradition dedicated to preparing and inspiring teacher leaders who practice participatory democracy and social justice in their classrooms and schools.
* Students and faculty collaborate on research and classroom implementation.
* Faculty publish research in books and articles and present their work nationally and internationally.
* Kappa Delta Pi-Epsilon, an international education honor society, was established and resides in the department.
* Underrepresented urban teacher candidates receive scholarships and support.
* Department professors are experienced public and private school teachers bringing real-world case studies to the classroom.
* Professors are consulted by local, national and international school systems and teacher preparation programs for best practices.
* Urban, suburban and rural schools provide settings for in-service teaching.
* Weekly supervision is provided for pre-service teachers.
* Students and faculty study and teach abroad.
* Faculty serve as consultants at local, state, national and international levels.
* Interdisciplinary Service Learning is provided domestically and internationally.
* Social justice leadership provides the foundation for purpose.
* Faculty and students work in impoverished schools as teachers, tutors and mentors.