The Human Resource Management Program preparation course for the PHR/SPHR certification exams for Spring 2014 will be offered on Monday evenings, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., from February 3 to April 28, 2014. This program is offered by the Center for Continuing Education at Le Moyne College in conjunction with the Central New York Society for Human Resource Management (CNY SHRM).
Who should attend?
- Human resource staff members pursuing advancement
- Human resource employees with limited experience
- Employee benefits directors
- Employee relations managers/supervisors
- Training directors
- Senior managers in new positions within the human resources field
- Mid-level managers seeking career change or enhancement
Mary Anne Ciccarelli, SPHR, Director of Human Resources, Syracuse Model Neighborhood
Nick Romano, SPHR, Vice President of Human Resources, Sysco Syracuse LLC
Christine List, SPHR, Human Resource Specialist, Rock Tenn Solvay Mill
$960 for SHRM members and $1,030 for non-SHRM members.
Registration is currently ongoing and is on a first-come, first-served basis. The registration and payment deadline for Spring 2014 is January 24, 2014. There is a late fee of $50. Registration is limited to 30 participants and is based on the date of registration receipt. The fee includes all course materials: books, Internet learning materials and Internet update access. Students will also be able to access the modules via e-reader devices (Nook, Kindle, iPad, etc) as well.
A confirmation letter and map will be mailed to you upon receipt of your registration.
The cost of the PHR/SPHR exam is NOT included.
To receive a refund, cancellations must be made in writing and received by February 4, 2014.
Download a program application form (pdf)
For information and an application for a CNY-SHRM scholarship, visit www.cnyshrm.org
Deadline to submit your applications for scholarships for Spring 2014 is January 24, 2014.
This program prepares participants for the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) national examination for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) accreditation. Upon successful completion of the program, participants receive recognition from Le Moyne College and SHRM National.
The not-for-college-credit program is also designed for those seeking continuous professional development and a broad overview of the human resources field. The program content includes:
Module One: Business Management and Strategy
- Strategic role of HR in organizations
- HR business management skills
- Strategic Planning Process
- Evaluating the internal/external environment
- HR and the legislative and regulatory environment
Module Two: Workforce Planning & Employment
- Employee rights, privacy and consumer protection legislation
- Organizational staffing requirements
- Job analysis and documentation
- Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
Module Three: Human Resource Development
- Organizational development initiatives
- Adult learning and motivation; Training and development
- Talent and performance management
|Module Four: Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation structure and systems
- Benefit programs (Goverment mandated, deferred comp plans, health care and other non-statutory benefits)
- Compensation and benefits legislation
- Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
Module Five: Employee & Labor Relations
- Employee and labor relations legislation
- Union organizing and collective bargaining
- Unfair Labor Practices
- Discipline and complaint resolution
Module Six: Risk Management
- Organizational risk
- Workplace safety, health, security and privacy
- Risk management legislation