Information Technology is excited to bring the campus computing community a significantly improved new e-mail security service. Recognizing that our current product was not effectively providing sufficient protection against viruses and annoying spam, Information Technology evaluated several other options. Google's Postini Service brings Le Moyne's e-mail security to new level of protection.
Some of the features that are included in the new service:
- Effectively stops spam, viruses, and phishing.
- Real time threat identification- As soon as a threat is identified, it is blocked for all customers.
- Message Center, which lets users manage their quarantined messages and set up their own approved and blocked senders lists.
- Discovery tools, which let you recover lost messages.
- Personal Archive, which lets users access and recover their own archived messages.
Googles Postini Service is private and secure. The junk email and virus protection is an automated process. No one will have access to your email except you.
We will be conducting a pilot of the new service in the coming month and plan to go live later in August for all faculty, administrators, and staff. Look for more information regarding this transition (including FAQs, Quick Start guides, etc.) to come soon on the IT site.
Previous Page | Next Page