Problems Logging into Campus Resources Reported
Information Technology is aware of an issue that is preventing logins to campus resources. At this time, the issue appears to primarily impact campus computing labs and virtual desktops, however, other systems may also be affected. IT staff are investigating and working to resolve this issue and will notify the campus as additional information is available.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are currently logged into your campus desktop, we recommend that you do not log off.
If you are scheduled to teach in a computing lab today, please contact the IT Service Desk at x4579, William Thieke, Director of Support Services (x4599), or any member of IT to discuss your intended use and potential options.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the IT Service Desk at X4579, via email at email@example.com or via the Service Desk Portal at https://servicedesk.lemoyne.edu.
Migration of Home Drives Complete
This weekend, Information Technology successfully completed the migration of all H: Drive data from Netware servers to Windows servers. Please note the following tips to ensure your smooth transition to the new servers:
- Any Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) that were previously accessed directly from the "recent" menu from within Office applications, will have to be accessed initially again by browsing to the actual document. The items listed in "recent" will error out due to the change in file server location.
- Desktop shortcuts pointing to documents or folders on the original H: drive will have to be recreated. Because the server name for the H: drive location has changed, any existing shortcuts will no longer work.
- Please open, make a change to, and save a document in your "H:" drive. If you are successful in opening and saving to your new H: drive location, no further action is necessary.
- Remember that NetStorage and ftp access to your H drive will be retired and access from off campus will be provided using our virtual environment. Please select the following link for instructions: Download instructions on how to access your files from off campus (pdf)
- For on-campus access, you can access your H: drive location via “My Computer” on a PC or via the mounted drive on Macs. The mounted H drive on a Mac shows as a "HomeFolders$" icon.
If any of your previously accessible H: Drive files or folders are not accessible, OR if you are unable to save files to your H: drive, please contact Information Technology at X4579 ( or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) at your earliest convenience. Members of the IT staff will be available all day Monday and thereafter ( as necessary) to assist.
Google Unveils New Navigation to Simplify Look of Accounts
You may have noticed that you no longer see this black menu bar at the top of the window in Gmail.
It was used to navigate from e-mail to the calendar or other Google apps. Google has released an update to simplify the look and feel of your accounts. Now, to switch between apps you click on the grid icon located next to your e-mail address in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
If you need assistance, experience additional issues, or have questions, please contact the Information Technology Service desk by emailing email@example.com, by phone at 445-4579, or through the Service Desk Portal at servicedesk.lemoyne.edu.
Color Printing Now Available in the Library
Information Technology is pleased to announce that color laser printing in the Noreen Reale Falcone Library is now available! Students can print to the new printer from all public computers in the library cluster (near the IT Service Desk), the library classroom and the library workstations (near the Circulation Desk). Students working from their personal devices will be able to print to the new printer via wireless MyPrint (https://myprint.lemoyne.edu) .
The printer is located across from the Service Desk and can be selected by choosing the printer LIB-HP500M551DN (Library Public Color Printer) from the print menu.
To Reach Us
- Call the Service Desk at (315) 445-4579
- Call the IT Office at (315) 445-4565
- Visit Us- Service Desk Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 10:00pm
- Friday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Sunday: noon – 10:00pm
- Submit a request online
- Follow Us on Twitter: @LMCInfoTech
- Who we are: visit the IT Department directory.
Students: Apply for a job with IT!
Fall 2013 Application
Please download the application above, complete the application and save a copy to your computer. E-mail the saved copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or have issues with the application please contact us at (315) 445-4579.