Interested in professional schools? The Health Professions Advisory Committee helps you get there
Biological Science Concentrations:
The department offers three concentrations leading to a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in biological sciences and two leading to the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree:
- The B.S. health professions concentration is most appropriate for students interested in animal structure and function as related to medical treatment.
- The B.S. molecular biology concentration is most appropriate for students interested in the molecular and cellular regulation of life.
- The B.S. neurobiology concentration is most appropriate for students interested in the intersection of biology and psychology.
- The B.A. biological education concentration is most appropriate for those students interested in teaching biological content to K-12 students.
- The B.A. in biological sciences is most appropriate for those students who do not wish to focus on the above concentrations or who might like to pursue a double major.
Scholarships for Biology Students
Math and Science
- Walter R. G. Baker Scholarship Fund: Endowed through gifts from the Walter R. G. Baker Foundation administered by Chase Manhattan Bank and awarded to students in science, mathematics or computer science programs.
- Carroll A. Hennessey Scholarship: Endowed by a gift from Mr. Hennessey’s estate and awarded to students pursuing study in mathematics or science programs.
- Leon J. Maltby Scholarship: Endowed by an anonymous donor in memory of Leon J. Maltby. Available to seniors studying mathematics at Le Moyne.
- James P. and Helen E. Murray Scholarship: Endowed by Ms. Suzanne H. Murray ’54 and awarded to students in biology, chemistry, mathematics or physics programs.