Are you interested in making a difference while you do your work study job?
Through the office of service-learning Le Moyne College students experience our Jesuit mission: "to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society."
Service-learning work study students:
- Work 10 - 15 hours at community agencies (Catholic Charities Neighborhood Centers, the People in Action program at Springfield Gardens or Westcott Community Center)
- Get paid work study wages to be creative staff assistants and role models for the youth of Syracuse.
- Contributed 5790 hours of service in 2010-2011.
Students may also become engaged in service by:
- Participating in the Projects in the Community volunteer activities.
- Taking a service-learning course
- Joining Habitat for Humanity through Campus Ministry
- Choosing an Alternative Break service trip through Campus Ministry