Transfer Credits & Military Credits
Le Moyne is a Military-Friendly school and will, as appropriate, award transfer credits for military education or courses taken at accredited institutions of higher learning. Transfer credit awarded is dependent on both your program of study and the courses you’ve taken. Veterans are almost always admitted as transfer students, even if they have very little coursework.
- The Army uses the AARTS system, which automatically captures your academic credits from military training, and standardized tests. The AARTS system is available to enlisted soldiers only. Army Officers must use the form DD 295 (Application for Evaluation of Learning) to report their military training and experience.
- The Navy and Marine Corps use the SMART system. This system automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores.
- The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores. Transcript information may be viewed at the CCAF web site.
- The Coast Guard Institute (CGI) requires each Servicemember to submit documentation of all training (except correspondence course records), along with an enrollment form, to receive a transcript. Transcript information may be submitted or requested at the CGI web site.
- Under most circumstances, Veterans are eligible to use their former service branches transcript programs. However, if you are not eligible to use the AARTS, SMART, CCAF, or CGI systems, you will need to fill out form DD-295 and provide your DD-214 Discharge Document to receive credit for your experience.
Transcripts from Other Colleges
- Other schools will send official transcripts directly to Le Moyne; you can also bring an official transcipt (it must still be signed and sealed.) The Offices of Continuing Education and Transfer Admissions can use unofficial copies for initial, but not decisive, evaluation. Transcripts will be reviewed by Le Moyne’s Transfer Admissions Office.
- Depending upon your chosen program of study, some credits may transfer in as program requirments; others may transfer in as electives. Some credits may not transfer.
- See the Transfer Admission page for more information.