Thanks to a $3 million makeover completed over summer 2012, Le Moyne’s LaCasse Dining Center is now one of fewer than 10 Sodexo-managed facilities that feature the “Dining by Design” concept. This unique concept includes stations that feature a wide range of healthy ingredients, prepared individually by chefs. The stations include:
- The Wild Mushroom – with made-to-order salads, vegetarian and vegan entrees, and a variety of quesadillas and crepes
- Artisan Basic Kneads Bakery – a deli featuring both staple sandwiches as well as made-to-order sandwiches, prepared with artisan breads
- Flying Star Diner – a classic diner providing the comfort foods students crave from home and with breakfast available all day
- Bella Trattoria – with pizza, Stromboli, hot oven sandwiches, artisan breads and a made-to-order pasta bar
- Magellans – offering a global tour of cuisines over the course of a semester with authentic cultural recipes, serving everything from appetizers to desserts in tapas-sized portions
Hear what our students have to say about the new LaCasse Dining Center.
Le Moyne is also one of only 18 facilities (out of 1,000 Sodexo accounts) that is part of its guest chef program, and in October 2012 Tulane Chef Tom Beckman brought his culinary talents from New Orleans to Syracuse to prepare several Creole dishes for students to sample.
LaCasse Dining Center is open seven days a week during the school year, and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Friday and brunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. With a variety of meal plans available for both residential and commuter students, you’re sure to find one that will work for you, depending on how often you’ll be eating on campus and how much flexibility you want in choosing where to go. Learn more about meal plans at lemoynedining.com.