Alternative Break Program
Read about our latest Ecuador service trip The Alternative Break program provides domestic and international service and learning opportunities for the students, faculty and staff of Le Moyne College. The goal of the program is for participants to deepen their relationship with God through:
- sharing in the lives of those living in poverty through short-term service projects and living experiences;
- reflecting critically on issues of faith and justice;
- being exposed to the wonderful diversity of God's creations through an encounter with those living in a culture different from their own;
- offering their skills, resources, and gifts for the purpose of creating a more just world;
- Campus Ministry's mission to integrate faith and justice, a vision of spiritual life articulated in the gospel message and the church's call for a “preferential option for the poor";
- opportunities to implement experience into social justice endeavors back home.
THE SPRING BREAK SERVICE IMMERSION TRIPS FOR MARCH 2015
There are two locations: Almost Heaven in Franklin, West Virginia and the Southern Baptist Sandy Rebuild centered out of Central Islip, Long Island. There is room for 17 students at these two sites. If there is more interest we will try to find additional sites. The cost for each student is $160. Limited scholarships will be available for those with financial need.
Click here for the info sheet.
Click here for the application.
THE JUNE 2015 TRIP TO KINGSTON, JAMAICA
The upcoming service trip to the St. Anne's School in Kingston, Jamaica will be held from June 7 to 20, 2015 during which time participants will have the opportunity to learn from the lives and stories of the people of Jamaica. Applications are now available. The application deadline has passed and interviews are now taking place.
Click here for an info sheet.
Click here for an application.