Mitchell Hall, formerly known as Loyola Hall, is named after former Le Moyne College president Robert Mitchell. Constructed in 1957, it originally housed Le Moyne's Jesuit Community. The first floor of the building underwent major renovations in the summer of 1995. Today, the 44,000 sq.ft., three-story, brick building houses several administrative offices, including the Office of the President, Communications, Finance, Institutional Advancement, and the Alumni Office. Upperclassmen reside on its upper two floors, which is designed to hold 68 students. There are usually two students per room, which includes beds, desks, chairs, dressers, and spacious closets.