Time Warner Cable/ Security Sales/ Syracuse, NY
POSITION TITLE: Rep, Security Sales
Job Requisition Number: 133977BR
Application WebSite: http://jobs.timewarnercable.com/job/Utica-Rep%2C-Security-Sales-Job-NY-13501/1743221/?
Details: Posting Job Title: Rep, Security Sales
Requisition #: 133977BR
Posting Location: United States - New York - Syracuse
Area of Interest: Sales
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
Sell residential and commercial security systems and generate new and upgraded sales door-to-door of cable and related services to potential and existing subscribers.
Essential Job Duties:
• Canvasses assigned territory for new customers and make sales calls in person to existing and potential customers throughout the Division.
• Ability to properly answer general information inquiries for customers related to pricing, programming, billing and installation.
• Completes customer sales orders and collect monies, if necessary. Provides customer follow-up calls as needed.
• Retrieves any miscellaneous company equipment while in the field.
• Works various and periodic shifts on a rotating basis at retail locations, including evenings and weekends. Must be able to report to the work office location on a daily basis.
• Attends all sales and product knowledge meetings including sales training classes.
• Submits all daily tracking reports per the department guidelines.
• Achieves all established goals set by management on a consistent basis including contacting the required number of issued leads.
• Provides accurate, precise and prompt sales and commission reports to Direct Sales Supervisor and/or team Lead.
• Maintains current company materials of all prices, programming and channel line-ups, etc.
• Assists and participates in other projects as required including NY State Fair, retail sites and trade shows.
• Follows all guidelines established by the Marketing/Sales Department.
• Maintains a positive company image and provides excellent customer service.
• Provides and maintains a valid NYS driver’s license, safe driving record, and own vehicle including proof of vehicle liability insurance coverage as required by the Company (Including NYS required coverage).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
* Required to be fingerprinted, registered and meet the security clearances with NYS Division of Criminal Justices Services per Article 6-D General Business Law
• Demonstrates effective sales, listening and time management skills.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Possesses the ability to travel door-to-door.
• Requires a valid NYS driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Ability to work rotating shifts at retail kiosk locations, including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules.
• Ability to work independently.
• Possesses general knowledge of service area and map reading skills.
• Ability to continuously learn and retain knowledge of new services and promotions being offered by the company.
• Possess ability to learn and execute marketing/selling techniques.
• Requires strong interpersonal skills including excellent listening and people skills.
• Understands and adheres to all Company and department policies and procedures.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers and decimals. Basic knowledge of mathematics.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Sales experience desired.
• Basic knowledge of cable billing system preferred.
• Interacts extensively with external customers over the phone and in person.
• Regularly interacts with Division employees and occasionally with employees of other cable divisions and internal departments.Business
Job No. 1862