Transfer Credits & Military Credits
Le Moyne is a Military-Friendly school and will, as appropriate, award transfer credits for military education or courses taken at accredited institutions of higher learning. Transfer credit awarded is dependent on both your program of study and the courses you’ve taken. Veterans are almost always admitted as transfer students, even if they have very little coursework. If, because of the nature of your degree program, you have no directly transferable credits, you will be awarded at least three credits for your military experience. Please inquire about this through the Veteran Coordinator.
- If you are on Active Duty, are in the Reserves, or are a Veteran of the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy, you should use the Joint Services Transcript (JST) System.
- The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores. Transcript information may be viewed at theAir University site.
- Under most circumstances, veterans can use JST. However, if you are not eligible to use JST, you will need to fill out form DD-295 and provide your DD-214 Discharge Document to receive credit for your experience.
Transcripts from Other Colleges
- Other schools will send official transcripts directly to Le Moyne; you can also bring an official transcipt (it must still be signed and sealed.) The Offices of Continuing Education and Transfer Admissions can use unofficial copies for initial, but not decisive, evaluation. Official transcripts will be reviewed by Le Moyne’s Transfer Admissions Office before credit is formally applied.
- Depending upon your chosen program of study, some credits may transfer in as program requirments; others may transfer in as electives. Some credits may not transfer.
- See the Transfer Admission page for more information.