Sodexo’s “Dining By Design” Featured in Renovated Dining Center at Le Moyne
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (For Immediate Release) … The newly renovated LaCasse Dining Center at Le Moyne College (located in the Campus Center) was officially opened during a blessing and a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Wednesday, Sept. 5.
Work on the $3 million project, featuring Sodexo’s Dining by Design concept, began in May 2012 and the new center will be fully operational when students arrive on campus the week of Aug. 20.
The Dining by Design concept includes stations that feature a wide range of healthy ingredients, prepared individually by chefs. The stations include:
- The Wild Mushroom – with made-to-order salads, vegetarian and vegan entrees, and a variety of quesadillas and crepes
- Artisan Basic Kneads Bakery – a deli featuring both staple sandwiches as well as made-to-order sandwiches, prepared with artisan breads
- Flying Star Diner – a classic diner providing the comfort foods students crave from home and with breakfast available all day
- Bella Trattoria – with pizza, Stromboli, hot oven sandwiches, artisan breads and a made-to-order pasta bar
- Magellans – offering a global tour of cuisines over the course of a semester with authentic cultural recipes, serving everything from appetizers to desserts in tapas-sized portions
“Our students are looking for a dining experience that includes exceptional food, as well as a multidimensional environment and social interaction,” said Deb Cady Melzer, vice president for student development. “We believe this new concept will serve those needs and help to create a dynamic dining experience for our students. I am grateful to the Sodexo Corporation for its support to improve both the facility and program on behalf of our students.”
Tom Post, president of Sodexo Campus Services, and Len Riccio, senior vice president for Sodexo Campus Services, will attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Learn more about the dining center here.
posted on: 8/17/2012