The purpose of this site is to collect campus resources for the practice and teaching of writing in one convenient space.
Students will find:
- instruction and exercises in grammar and usage
- techniques for producing genuine revisions of your work
- methods of correct citation for the various disciplines
- lessons in rhetoric and argumentation
- methods to improve your style
- a compilation of materials to help prepare for the WRT 101 proficiency exam
- a guide to reading and interpreting writing assignments, so you know what's being asked of you
- links to writing resources across the internet
- information on available tutoring through our Writing Fellows program at the Academic Support Center
- an online forum where you can ask any questions you have about writing, which one of our Le Moyne Writing Fellows will research and answer
There are numerous resources for faculty as well, including sample syllabi, assignments, worksheets and handouts; a library of pedagogical essays and resources towards developing your use of writing in the classroom; an anthology of essays that writing teachers at Le Moyne have found especially successful in generating strong student writing; a glossary of the terms of art every teacher who requires writing ought to know; and a compilation of materials that will clarify the objectives of writing across the disciplines.
If you have any ideas or requests for additional resources, please don't hesitate to fire off an email to Dr Miles Taylor, Director of Critical Writing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.