The Career Advising & Development Office will work with the faculty, administration, staff, students, and alums to become an anti-racist institution. Our collective Jesuit mission calls us to strive for nothing less.
We honor our role in this important work. The Career Advising & Development team is dedicated to educating students, alums, employers, and each other about diversity, equity, and inclusion in our society, and specifically, in the workplace. As we move forward, we commit ourselves to the following:
· Sponsor and collaborate with student-led programming related to increasing equity and inclusion.
· Act to diversify our student and professional staff.
· Create a repository of online resources dedicated to supporting the career goals of students of color, students with disabilities, LGBTQ students, and other marginalized identities.
· Evaluate and share post-graduate outcomes with response rates broken out by race/ethnicity
· Attend professional development opportunities each year that focus on equity, inclusion, dismantling systemic racism, etc. Staff will be expected to detail these opportunities in their annual evaluations.
· Engage employers in conversations about their efforts to both increase diversity through their hiring practices and retain the employees they hire through those efforts.