In addition, Lock 2 provides students with academic support services, tutoring, a customized "personal learning plan", a college advising system centered on placing students into New York State Collegiate Opportunity Programs, career advising, community service opportunities, family engagement, a summer melt reduction system, and more.
The program itself consists of:
- Tech instruction from Tech4kidz
- Tech Instruction and networking opportunities with guest speaker & industry experts
- Tech-based projects and activities administered by ERIE21 staff
- Tutoring, Mentoring, and Community Service with Le Moyne College undergraduate students
- Traditional pre-collegiate opportunity program services, including activities in:
Academic Support Services, Personal Learning Plan creation and administration, Career Readiness/Exploration, College Readiness, Community Service, Family and Community Engagement Engagement, and more.
Please note that students need not complete Lock 1 to participate in Lock 2.