Le Moyne College Education Department Hosts Information Session
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (For Immediate Release) … The Department of Education at Le Moyne College will host an information session about its programs on Monday, March 29, at 5:30 p.m. in Grewen Auditorium. Please call 445-5444 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information.posted on: 3/19/2010
The session will include information about the following programs:
■ Master of Science for Teachers (M.S.T.)
Teacher certification programs for students possessing a bachelor’s degree in a field other than teaching.
• Inclusive Childhood Education (general and special education, grades 1-6)
• Adolescent Education (grades 7-12)
• Dual Adolescent/Special Education (grades 7-12)
■ Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.)
Teacher certification programs for those initially certified seeking professional certification.
• NEW! Literacy (birth-grade 6)
• NEW! Literacy (grades 5-12)
• NEW! Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) (birth-grade 12)
• NEW! Urban and Regional Education
• Childhood Education (grades 1-6)
• Dual Childhood/Special Education (grades 1-6)
• Middle School Specialist (grades 5-9)
• Dual Middle Childhood Specialist/Special Education (grades 5-9)
• Adolescent (grades 7-12)
• Special Education (grades 1-6)
• Special Education (grades 7-12)
■ Educational Leadership (C.A.S. and M.S.Ed.)
• School Building Leader
• School District Leader
• School District Business Leader
■ Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.) in General Professional Education – This is a non-certification program for individuals interested in working in a variety of settings including businesses and corporations, health care (including eldercare settings), nonprofit organizations, community organizations, adult literacy education and higher education.
■ Introducing a NEW graduate certificate in adult education for those working with adult populations in education and training. Courses from this certificate can be applied to the M.S.Ed. General Professional Education program.
Parking is available in Lot C located behind the W. Carroll Coyne Center for the Performing Arts. Handicap parking is available on the circle in front of Grewen Hall. Directions to Le Moyne College and a map of the campus can be found at www.lemoyne.edu.