As you're looking into your college options, it's a good idea to look a little deeper at the academic opportunities offered. In addition to finding a school that has majors you're interested in, looking together at rankings, college news, and student stories can give you a great sense of what the experience may be like as a student, and how a college will help prepare you for your future.
I know this thinking process can be a bit overwhelming, but don’t worry, I am here to help! Le Moyne and the College of Arts and Sciences, Madden School of Business, and the Purcell School of Professional Studies are continuing a period of extraordinary advancements that'll positively impact you, your future, and beyond.
Now let's delve right into the extraordinary advances of three GREAT schools to be a part of!
College of Arts & Sciences
- U.S. News & World Report has recognized Le Moyne for Best Value in the Northeast (#3) and Strong Commitment to Undergraduate Teaching (#5).
- Newer programs in Cybersecurity, Ethics, Occupational Therapy, and Visual Design prepare students to answer the call from organizations across the globe facing fundamental and rapid change.
- The Princeton Review recognized Le Moyne in the top 13% of colleges in the nation.
- A new Entrepreneurial Plaza and Makerspace Lab, slated for completion later this year, will act as an incubator, accelerator, and shared workspace for entrepreneurs across all industries.
Madden School of Business
- U.S. News & World Report placed Madden in the top 10% of Business schools in the nation, highlighting three disciplines – analytics (#20), management information systems (#22), finance (#42) and accounting (#50).
- The McNeil Academy was established with a vision to develop a world-class Risk Management and Insurance (RMI) program that emphasizes the importance of socially responsible leadership.
- The Keenan Center for Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity welcomed Entrepreneur-in- Residence Hasan Stephens, who will provide mentoring and coaching to student entrepreneurs.
- 98% of Madden alumni are employed in their field or enrolled in graduate school within a year of commencement.
Purcell School of Professional Studies
- Purcell School of Professional Studies (PSPS) at Le Moyne College exemplifies academic excellence, and provides its students with outstanding opportunities within the walls of the classroom and beyond.
- Le Moyne's program in education is recognized as one of the best in the Northeast. With classes led by experienced education faculty, an abundance of opportunities to gain hands-on experience in urban, rural, and suburban classrooms, plus a commitment to the Jesuit ideal of service.
- At the very heart of Le Moyne’s nursing program is the Jesuit idea of cura personalis: caring for the whole person.
Not sure which school is for you? That's ok. Undeclared is a popular major among first year students, so you are not by any means alone. Each fall, Le Moyne offer a series of “Majors Weeks” to give students the opportunity to chat informally with faculty about their areas of expertise, and unique programs like Manresa help students to explore their interests in college and beyond.
At Le Moyne, 'Phin’s don’t swim alone! Le Moyne consistently puts forth a valiant effort to help students find their true passion.
Why wait? Apply to Le Moyne TODAY!
We are rooting for you!
Janiah Cavil '23
Marketing & Management Leadership